martes, 5 de abril de 2011

Music

How can such a wonderful theme been so difficult to talk about? The natural doubt that everyone may have at this point is: which is this wonderful theme that you, David, don’t really like to talk about. Well, the theme that I refer isn’t other than the music. For me is difficult to write or talk about the music because I can’t choose or defend a specific area of this art; maybe I would prefer to write about a more boring theme that I don’t really care. But my problem with the music is that I use to listen to a wide range of music, from rock to classic music. The problem of definition in this area is even worse, because I don’t even have a favorite band or singer; for me some songs of one specific band can be able to be listen, some doesn’t move anything inside me, and some others are honestly pure crab. But despite that essential problem, I would like to write about a very special band that maybe was my most shocking music experience. The name of this band can’t be other than The Doors. The Doors were very special to me because in the time when I discover this band I was just a young teenager with a very small and close perspective of the world, and when I finally heard my first song of this band (the title of this song was “break on through to the other side”) something inside me wake up abruptly and move myself to discover new worlds inside our world; in a few words, this band opened my own doors of perception. That’s why, if somebody ask me about music in my life, the only that I can answer with certain is that of the whole universe of music I almost can’t do a value judgment, the only value judgment that I can do is that the Doors is more than an normal rockband, they really open doors.

1 comentario:

  1. So, The Doors were the doors to a new scope of perception and understanding?

    ResponderEliminar